Disclosure: Transparency is extremely important to me, so we are letting you know that I may receive a commission on some of the team building resources you click on from this site. Regardless, every item mentioned on this site is a product that I own, currently use, and have thoroughly reviewed. Please do not spend your money unless you feel it’s for something you really need and will help you reach your goals.
Team Building Resources
The Big Book of Humorous Training Games: The Big Book of Humorous Training Games uses witty, engaging games to create memorable lessons in numerous basic training topics, including customer service, teambuilding, creative problem solving, time management, and more. Step-by-step instructions work with dozens of reproducible handouts and worksheets help trainers and speakers minimize preparation timeand maximized training success.
The Big Book of Team Building Games: Did you know that games can be a terrifically effective way to build team spirit, communication, and trust among people who work together day in and day out? Now you can spark morale in any work group by choosing from 70 stimulating games and activities specifically designed for the manager who’s looking to raise sagging morale in a department, liven up boring staff meetings, enable team members to collaborate smoothly and effectively, and much more!
The Big Book of Team-Motivating Games: Spirit-building, problem-solving and communication games for every group.
The Big Book of Icebreakers: Leading a meeting? giving a presentation? Heading a workshop? Icebreakers are great for lightening up the atmosphere at the beginning of a meeting or event, and encouraging everyone to participate fully. This collection of 50 icebreakers is organized around common business situations and is designed to help leaders start every session, meeting, presentation, or workshop with a burst of energy and fun. Includes icebreakers for sales meetings, team building, complete strangers, introducing a topic, staff meetings, groups over 20, outdoor settings, and more. this latest book in the popular Big Book of Business Games series is the most fun yet!
The Big Book of Conflict Resolution Games: Part of the acclaimed, bestselling Big Books series, this guide offers step-by-step directions and customizable tools that empower you to heal rifts arising from ineffective communication, cultural/personality clashes, and other specific problem areas―before they affect your organization’s bottom line.
Drum Circle Facilitation Ideas
All About Jembe: Everything you need to know to start playing now!
Developmental Community Music: A holistic music-centered approach to fostering creativity, community, and joy. DCM is for Teachers, Therapists, Facilitators, Staff, and anyone who wants to create and lead music-based experiences
Drum Circle Facilitation: As the popularity for drum circles continues to grow, the need for facilitators increases as well. Written by the foremost authority in this field, Arthur Hull offers his insights, plans and practical strategies to become a facilitator – regardless of your musical background or expertise. This can be used by social workers, store owners, human resource managers, church leaders, camp leaders, nursing home activity coordinators – for anyone who wants to unify a group that will enjoy the benefits of participating in this simple activity. It’s about leadership and communication. The book covers dozens of exercises, instrument suggestions, facilitator’s shorthand, interviews with successful facilitators, and even marketing tips on how to promote and expand your events. This is the complete rhythm event facilitation handbook from the expert.
Drum Circle Spirit: Drum Circle Spirit teaches about facilitating community through rhythm-based events. Arthur Hull, recognized as the father of the drum circle movement, uses rhythm circles for spirit – and team – building among personal growth and religious groups, major corporations and to help build community in grass roots organizations around the world. This book includes discussion and education about ‘rhythmaculture’; a play-along universal grooves CD with orchestration outlines; drum circle games; facilitation exercises; orchestration exercises; and the author’s philosophies, terminologies, and stories. All of these tools are designed to act as a foundation from which facilitators can grow and develop their own styles.
Together in Rhythm: Create compelling rhythm-based events for groups of all kinds! Learn the art of drum-circle facilitation from master percussionist, educator and award-winning drum circle facilitator, Kalani. The interactive DVD includes activities, games, an instrument guide and inspirational interviews. Participants will also gain essential life skills, including creative thinking, active listening, teamwork, self-direction and communication.
The Amazing Jamnasium: When spirits come together to create a joyful noise, when smiles are louder than thundering drums, when hearts and hands align in perfect harmony – you’re in a Jamnasium! The Amazing Jamnasium features a unique collection of rhythm-based, integrative games and activities, designed to bring out the best in your participants. Create integrative learning experiences for music education, music therapy, teambuilding, health & wellness, community building, or recreation. Step into a world of rhythmic joy and excitement. Step into the Jamnasium!
Drum Fun!: Musical games for groups.
The Drum Circle: A musical approach.
Become a Professional Speaker
- eSpeakers: Find high-paying speaking engagements and get discovered by speakers bureaus.
- SpeakerMatch: Find local speaking engagements.
- Infusionsoft: This is the best software for email newsletters. When I began my speaking career, I discovered that all of the top speakers in the world were using it for email marketing, newsletters, and selling products.
- BlueHost: This site is hosted on BlueHost. Once you get used to the layout of the dashboard, it’s very easy to use. I like this host because I can have unlimited website domains on the same account.
- StudioPress: This site was designed from a template and can be redesigned very quickly with a different template.
- Paid To Speak: Best Practices For Building A Successful Speaking Business: A book written by the National Speakers Association.
- Speak More!: Marketing Strategies to Get More Speaking Business: A book written by the National Speakers Association.
- The Six-Figure Speaker: Formula for a Six-Figure Income as a Professional Speaker: A book written by Cathleen Filmore.
- Speaking for Millions: How to Make REALLY Big Money as a Professional Speaker (Public Speaking is just the START!): A book writtenby Fred Gleeck.
- Toastmasters International: This organization for developing your speaking skills and overcoming any fear of public speaking. In addition, they help develop your leadership skills in a fun, nurturing environment.
- National Speakers Association: Being a member of this organization helped me develop my speaking business. I warn anyone who joins – be prepared to learn. This is the big league of the worlds best speakers.